Economics is, in a nutshell, the study of how we use limited resources to satisfy unlimited wants and needs. The problem of scarcity, then, is not only an Economic one, but a world one. Economics Matters!
This course introduces Cadets to the basic Economic concepts in both Microeconomics and Macroeconomics. These topics are split into 5 units –
Unit 1 – Economic Beginnings, Basics, and Scarcity
Unit 2 – Consumer Economics / Supply and Demand
Unit 3 – Business, Labor, and Market Structure*
Unit 4 – The Governments Role in Economics
Unit 5 – Macroeconomics and the World Economy
* In lieu of a test, Unit 3 will culminate in “UMA Shark Tank” in which Cadets will, in groups, present a business proposal in front of a panel of “sharks.” This is a MANDATORY attendance activity for the course, and missing is equivocal to skipping a test.
A few key reminders:
- The Link for “live stream” is https://meet.google.com/czq-dfhi-xrj
- A recording for the beginning of each class (TO INCLUDE THE JOURNAL QUESTION) will be posted.
That recording WILL include entire lectures, activities, or projects, but NOT quizzes, tests, etc.
- While lectures will be recorded and streamed, the PPT and PDF versions of each PPT is also available on the schedule.
- Direct any questions to CPT Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Economics A5 – A Day Schedule – Fall 2020
Friday, Aug 28 – Island Survivor Activity
Labor Day Sep 7
Monday, Oct 12 – Jeopardy / Test Prep
Fall Break Oct 15-16
End Term 1 (20 days)
Friday, Oct 30 – Focus Group Activity (For In-Person Only)
THANKSGIVING BREAK Nov 23-27
Wednesday, Dec 2 – Jeopardy / Test Prep
Friday, Dec 18 – Holiday Activity (12 Days of Christmas)
WINTER BREAK Dec 21-Jan 1
Wednesday, Jan 6 – Jeopardy / Test Prep
End Term 2 / Semester 1 (22 days)
Direct any questions to CPT Curtis at email@example.com